Commercial 24kVA Hybrid solar system with a 16.38kWp solar array generating on average 88.45kWh daily with 24kW backup storage installed in Tosca North West.
Another successful commercial hybrid solar system completed by our solar installation team in Tosca, North-West province. This solar system features 24kVA inverters’ (3 x 8kVA Victron Multiplus II’s), 16.38kWp solar array generating on average 88.45kW daily, and 24kWh of backup storage.
Some key information:
- System design and installation: Specialized Solar Systems
- System type: Commercial Hybrid Solar System
- Application: Business energy cost savings and energy security
- Inverter (kVA): 3 x 8kVA Victron Multiplus II inverters
- PV array (kWp): 16.38kWp (36 x 455W PV panels)
- Average daily solar yield expectancy (kW): 88.45kWhr/day
- Storage (kW): 24kWh from a Freedom Won Lite 30/24 lithium iron phosphate battery (LiFePO4)
- MPPT: 3 x Victron Smart Solar 250/100
- Life expectancy: PV Solar panels: 25 years @80%/ Battery: >16years (>5 500 cycles) expected life at 80% DoD
- Anticipated system break even (Capitalization): 5-6 years
Some key advantages of Hybrid solar systems supplied and installed by Specialized Solar Systems:
- If the power generated by PV solar arrays is inadequate to supply daytime loads as well as charge your batteries, the system can recharge your batteries from the grid when generally a lower off-peak electricity rate is applied.
- When electricity usage goes above a certain level nationally, the grid supply may charge you at a higher rate for the increased level of demand. Hybrid systems can provide ‘peak lopping’ where some of the stored power can be drawn from the batteries to help balance power usage.
- If your grid connection does not have the capacity to supply a required load, a hybrid solar system will supplement any extra power. This may allow you to avoid a costly mains upgrade to your property.
Hybrid solar systems empower you with energy security, self-sufficiency, and lock in your future cost of electricity, control when you use your solar power and provide an uninterrupted power supply.
Background: Specialized Solar Systems Grid-Interactive Hybrid Solar Systems
The utility grid is a virtual battery
Electricity should be used as it is generated. However, it can be temporarily stored as other forms of energy (e.g. chemical energy in batteries). Energy storage typically comes with significant costs.
The electric power grid is in many ways also a battery, without the need for maintenance or replacements, and with much better efficiency rates. In other words, more electricity (and more money) goes to waste with conventional battery systems.
Additional perks of being grid-tied include access to backup power from the utility grid in case extra power is required or if your solar system stops generating electricity for any reason. At the same time, you also help to mitigate the utility’s peak load.
Customers can contact Specialized Solar Systems for more information on purchasing a Grid-Tied solar system and for expert advice when choosing the correct solar system solution for all your electrical energy needs.
To view a more detailed overview of our residential grid-interactive hybrid solar systems section in our catalog available over here.
Below are selections of our most popular and highly recommended quality residential grid-interactive hybrid solar energy systems with different sizing options designed by Specialized Solar Systems. This selection will give our customers an overview of all the quality equipment used with detailed explanations to help assist you with your solar energy generation planning.
To view more information about our residential off-grid solar systems please follow this link, catalog available over here.
Below are selections of our most popular and highly recommended residential off-grid solar-powered energy systems with different sizing options designed by Specialized Solar Systems. This selection of off-grid solar systems will give our customers an overview of all the quality equipment used with explanations to help assist you with your off-grid solar energy generation planning.
Feeding-in to the Municipal Grid information (Western Cape, South Africa)
Many municipalities across the Western Cape already have the rules and tariffs in place for feeding into the grid when installing a PV system. To view more information please view this link