Specialized Solar Systems Notice
Scams and phishing awareness
- The rule of thumb is that if it’s too good to be true then it’s probably a scam.
- If you’re unsure, please contact us before making an invoice payment to verify authenticity before purchasing items.
- Be vigilant – don’t do online banking at internet cafes or public hotspots.
- Always keep your software protection up to date.
- Please be aware that you could be randomly emailed with false “spoofed” emails made to look like they were sent from Specialized Solar Systems, but are in fact fraudulent, aimed at enticing unsuspecting customers to part with personal information such as bank account details.
- These emails can contain links, false invoices, fake banking details, false forms and fake websites made to look like the “real thing”, but with the aim of fooling people into entering personal information such as bank account details which the criminals then extract and use fraudulently.
- Please be vigilant and if unsure, please contact us directly at 044 878 1126 to verify legitimacy before proceeding with transactions.
- Unfortunately, social media isn’t always what it seems. It’s easy for scammers to pose as someone else or a business, use social media takeovers to fraudulently list items, and steal from unsuspecting buyers.
- Specialized Solar Systems will always only post from https://www.facebook.com/specializedsolar
- Facebook Marketplace also relies on buyers and sellers directly interacting. Once you contact a buyer, you’ll be put in a chat with them, giving scammers the chance to pressure you into falling for their fraud.
- Be vigilant and if unsure please contact us directly at 044 878 1126 to verify legitimacy before proceeding with purchasing items.