5kVA 24-28kWH Grid interactive hybrid solar power system installation in Barrington
Specialized Solar Systems’ residential solar installation team completed a 5kVA 24-28kWH Grid interactive hybrid solar power system installation for a customer living close to Barrington, Western Cape South Africa.
Being a Grid interactive solar system allows for the supply of grid (Eskom) electricity whenever the demand for energy that cannot be supplied by the solar system, is necessary.
The 5.94 kWP Grid interactive hybrid solar powered system installation took 2 days complete and consisted of the following base-components:
- 5940W Solar Panel Array (Photovoltaic)
- 1 X Lithium Iron Phosphate Freedom Lite 400AH 11kWhrs(70% DOD)
- 2 X MPPT
- 1 X Victron Blue Power Color Control GX
- 1 X 5kva Victron Multiplus Quattro Inverter
Above some pictures of the 5kVA 24-28kWh grid interactive hybrid installation
Some key advantages of Hybrid solar systems supplied and installed by Specialized Solar Systems:
- If the power generated by PV solar arrays is inadequate to supply daytime loads as well as charge your batteries, the system can recharge your batteries from the grid when generally a lower off-peak electricity rate is applied.
- When electricity usage goes above a certain level nationally, the grid supply may charge you at a higher rate for the increased level of demand. Hybrid systems can provide ‘peak lopping’ where some of the stored power can be drawn from the batteries to help balance power usage.
- If your grid connection does not have the capacity to supply a required load, a hybrid solar system will supplement any extra power. This may allow you to avoid a costly mains upgrade to your property.
Hybrid solar systems empower you with energy security, self-sufficiency, and lock in your future cost of electricity, control when you use your solar power and provide an uninterrupted power supply.
More about Specialized Solar Systems Grid-Interactive Hybrid Solar Systems
The utility grid is a virtual battery
Electricity should be used as it is generated. However, it can be temporarily stored as other forms of energy (e.g. chemical energy in batteries). Energy storage typically comes with significant costs.
The electric power grid is in many ways also a battery, without the need for maintenance or replacements, and with much better efficiency rates. In other words, more electricity (and more money) goes to waste with conventional battery systems.
Additional perks of being grid-tied include access to back up power from the utility grid in case extra power is required or if your solar system stops generating electricity for any reason. At the same time, you also help to mitigate the utility’s peak load.
Customers can contact Specialized Solar Systems for more information on purchasing a Grid-Tied solar system and for expert advice when choosing the correct solar system solution for all your electrical energy needs.
To view a more detailed overview of our residential grid-interactive hybrid solar systems section in our catalog available over here.
Below are selections of our most popular and highly recommended quality residential grid-interactive hybrid solar energy systems with different sizing options designed by Specialized Solar Systems. This selection will give our customers an overview of all the quality equipment used with detailed explanations to help assist you with your solar energy generation planning.
To view a more information about our residential off-grid solar systems please follow this link, catalog available over here.
Below are selections of our most popular and highly recommended residential off-grid solar powered energy systems with different sizing options designed by Specialized Solar Systems. This selection of off-grid solar systems will give our customers an overview of all the quality equipment used with explanations to help assist you with your off-grid solar energy generation planning.
Electricity: Feeding-in to the Municipal Grid information (Western Cape, South Africa)
Many municipalities across the Western Cape already have the rules and tariffs in place for feeding into the grid when installing a PV system. To view more information please view this link