A Complete Residential Grid-Interactive Hybrid Solar System supporting a 5kVA inverter, daily solar yield of 22.275kWh and storage LiFePO4 7kWh
This system is based on common residential meter readings (1 unit = 1 kWh) averaging between 10-15 units per day time use and 4-7 units per evening use, totaling 22kWh of daily energy consumption.
From those readings, Specialized Solar Systems has designed this solar system to completely meet the 22kWh energy requirement with solar energy generation over a 24 hour period using utility power (ESKOM) as backup only. This means that you should always have electricity, even during power outages (load shedding) and bad patches of weather.
This grid-interactive hybrid solar system will give you many hassle-free years of energy security and cost savings.
THE INVERTER – 5KV 48V 70 Victron Multiplus II Inverter/Charger:
- From battery and solar PV panel power (DC Power), this inverter can provide a continuous 4 000W at 25C and manage a peak power draw (spike) of 9 000W.
- From grid power (AC Power) the inverter can transfer up to 11 500W (Transfer switch).
THE SOLAR PV PANELS:
- The 48VDC solar system will include 15 X 330W Solar PV Modules that will provide a 4.950 kWp solar array.
- In George in the Garden Route South Africa, this solar system will yield an average of 22.275kWh from the 4.950 kWp solar array.
- Having a 7kWh LiFePO4 battery may require up to 7kWh of the average 22.275 kWh solar yield to replenish itself. This will result in 15.275 kWh of energy being available during daylight hours to power household appliances.
- The system will require a 100A MPPT to facilitate charging the battery during daylight hours from the solar PV panels.
THE STORAGE (BATTERY):
- The battery will have 7kWhs usable energy available for night-time usage or for overcast days.
- This is calculated at a 70% depth of discharge (DOD) which includes a 10 Year Manufacturer Guarantee.
- Monitoring is provided by Victron’s color controller that allows online real-time monitoring of your system.
- Any additional power can be supplied by the grid power (ESKOM) with the inverter supporting up to 11 500W (Transfer switch 50A at 230V AC).
This Grid-interactive Hybrid Solar System 5kVA 22.275kWh Storage LiFePO4 7kWh includes the following equipment:
- 15 x 330Watt Solar Modules (10 Year manufacturer guarantee, 25year 80% yield).
- Rail Mount Framework for standard roof type.
- 1 x Freedom Lite 200AH 48V – Usable 7kWhrs @ 70% DOD (10 Year Manufacturer Guarantee).
- 1 x 150/100Amp MPPT – TR (5 Year Manufacturer Guarantee).
- DC DB box with Surge Protection, Breakers, and Cabling.
- 1 x 5KV 48V 70 Victron Multiplus II Inverter/Charger (5 Year Manufacturer Guarantee).
- 1 x Color Control GX, VE Direct Cables, Wi-Fi Dongle and SD Card (5 Year Manufacturer Guarantee).
- System Programming and Maintenance/Owner Training (Year Workmanship Guarantee).
- AC Sub Db, Surge Protection, Change-Over, LED Indicators and Assembled Back Board.
- Installation Costs, Travel, and Consumables (1 Year Workmanship Guarantee).
If you require expert help with choosing the correct Hybrid Solar System from Specialized Solar Systems, customers should please include the location where you plan to install your Hybrid Solar Energy System.
- All Pictures shown are for illustration purposes only. Actual product may vary due to product type and enhancements.
- Errors and omissions excepted (E&OE)
- Please inquire about Specialized Solar Systems T & C’s
A Grid-Interactive hybrid solar system intelligently gives you the best of both worlds with the added convenience of a grid-connected system including the ability to earn Feed-In-Tariff Credits (if your municipality allows) and the added security of a battery backup.
This means that you should always have electricity, even during power outages, during bad patches of weather, or if your energy demand exceeds your solar systems energy delivery capacity. For more information about Residential Complete Grid-Interactive Hybrid Solar System please view over here