Residential Complete Grid-Interactive Hybrid Solar System 5KV 12kWhr per day with Lithium Iron Phosphate 4kWhrs 70% DOD Battery
This complete Grid-Interactive Hybrid Solar System has been specially designed by Specialized Solar Systems. Using superior quality solar components, this solar system will reliably supply our customers with a daily average of 12kWhs of solar-generated electrical from the solar panel array. It comes with a Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery with a storage capacity that will support 4kW hours of daily electrical energy usage directly from the battery, before reaching a 70% depth of discharge (DOD), therefore maximizing the batteries lifespan. The battery is guaranteed for 10 years at a 70% Depth of discharge (DOD) or less.
A Grid-Interactive hybrid solar system intelligently gives you the best of both worlds with the added convenience of a grid-connected system including the ability to earn Feed-In-Tariff Credits (if your municipality allows) and the added security of a battery backup. This means that you should always have electricity, even during power outages, during bad patches of weather, or if your energy demand exceeds your solar systems energy delivery capacity. For more information about Residential Complete Grid-Interactive Hybrid Solar System please view over here.
The Complete Grid-Interactive Hybrid Solar System 5KV 12kWhr per day with Lithium Iron Phosphate 4kWhrs 70% DOD Battery includes the following equipment:
- 2295Watt Solar Modules array – 10 Year manufacturer guarantee, 25 years 80% yield.
- 1 x Freedom Lite 100AH 48V Battery – Usable 4kWhrs @ 70% DOD – 10 Year Manufacturer Guarantee.
- 1 x 70Amp MPPT-TR (Maximum Power Point Tracker) – 5 Year Manufacturer Guarantee.
- 1 x 5KV 48V 70 Victron Multiplus Inverter/Charger – 5 Year Manufacturer Guarantee.
- 1 x Victron Blue Power Venus GX – 5 Year Manufacturer Guarantee.
- System installation, programming and maintenance/owner Training – 1 Year Workmanship Guarantee – please enquire about these options.
- Availability : The system can installed and delivered anywhere in Southern Africa – please enquire.
- Delivery of products: 4 to 8 weeks from 50% deposit – please enquire.
- Terms and Conditions Apply – please enquire.
Please note: When requesting a quote or if you require expert help with choosing the correct Hybrid Solar System from Specialized Solar Systems, customers should please include the location where you plan to install your Hybrid Solar Energy System.
Grid-Interactive Hybrid Solar System 5KV 12kWhr per day solar system details:
Solar Module Array to Supply
To achieve an average energy input solar generation of 12kWh/day with PV solar modules in George, Western Cape South Africa, Specialized Solar Systems recommends a PV solar module array capacity of 2295Watt, at a fixed tilt angle of 34°. Specialized Solar Systems PV solar modules have a 10-year manufacturer’s product guarantee and a terrestrial 25 year 80% yield.
Solar yield is determined by your location, PV solar panel orientation, PV solar panel shading, the PV solar panel surface condition, system usage, weather conditions, and use at a 34° Tilt Angle Facing North with full day exposure to the sun i.e. no shading.
4kWhrs @ 70% DOD Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery Storage Capacity
- The typical energy efficiency (energy that can be taken out of the battery compared to the energy required to re-charge) for lead acid batteries is – 70%. For a LifeP04 Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery, it is – 92%. The final 20% charge for a lead-acid battery is particularly inefficient with efficiencies of – 50% and can take a very long time for the battery to become completely charged. In contrast, a Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery can still achieve 92% efficiency and therefore be fully charged more quickly and using far less energy.
Size and weight
- The LifeP04 Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery saves up to 70% in space and 70% in weight compared to lead-acid.
- Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries are expensive when compared to lead-acid, but this is compensated by longer life, smaller size or weight, 10-year manufacturer guarantee, superior reliability, and efficiency.
Battery Management System
- It is vital that the correct battery management system (BMS) is used to control the battery charging. It is important to actively balance the individual cells that make up the battery and prevent under or overvoltage, which can otherwise destroy the battery. Please note that this figure excludes the power being generated and supplied directly to loads from the solar modules during the day when Mains is offline. This will increase the amount of power in reserve when Mains fails.
Solar Charge Controller – MPPT (Maximum Power Point Tracking)
PV voltage up to 150 V
- The Blue Solar MPPT 150/70 and 150/85 charge controllers will charge a lower nominal-voltage battery from a higher nominal voltage PV array.
- The controller will automatically adjust to a 12, 24, 36, or 48 V nominal battery voltage.
Ultra-fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- Especially in case of a clouded sky, when light intensity is changing continuously, an ultra-fast MPPT controller will improve energy harvest by up to 30% compared to PWM charge controllers and by up to 10% compared to slower MPPT controllers.
Advanced Maximum Power Point Detection in case of partial shading conditions
- If partial shading occurs, two or more maximum power points may be present on the power-voltage curve.
- Conventional MPPT’s tend to lock to a local MPP, which may not be the optimum MPP.
- The innovative Blue Solar algorithm will always maximize energy harvest by locking to the optimum MPP.
Outstanding conversion efficiency
- Maximum efficiency exceeds 98%. Full output current up to 40°C (104°F).
Flexible charge algorithm
- Several preconfigured algorithms.
- One user programmable algorithm. Manual or automatic equalization. Battery temperature sensor. Battery voltage sense option.
Programmable auxiliary relay
- For alarm or generator start purposes
Extensive electronic protection
- Over-temperature protection and power derating when the temperature is high.
- PV short circuit and PV reverse polarity protection.
- Reverse current protection.
- To parallel up to 25 units, to connect to a Color Control panel or to connect to a CAN bus network
- PV short circuit and PV reverse polarity protection. Reverse current protection.
Pure Sine Wave Bi-Directional Inverter/Charger
1 x 5000/48/70 Victron Multiplus Inverter/Charger
- Continuous output power at 25’C (VA) per unit 5000
- Continuous output power at 25’C (W) per unit 4500
- Continuous output power at 40’C (W) per unit 4000
- Peak Power (W) per unit 10 000
Multi-functional, with intelligent power management
- The Multiplus is a powerful true sine wave inverter, a sophisticated battery charger that features adaptive charge technology, and a high-speed AC transfer switch in a single compact enclosure. Next, to these primary functions, the Multiplus has several advanced features, as outlined below.
Two AC Outputs
- The main output has no-break functionality. The Multiplus takes over the supply to the connected loads in the event of a grid failure or when shore/generator power is disconnected. This happens so fast (less than 20 milliseconds) that computers and other electronic equipment will continue to operate without disruption. The second output is live only when AC is available on one of the inputs of the Multiplus. Loads that should not discharge the battery, like a water heater, for example, can be connected to this output (second output available on models with 50A transfer switch only).
Virtually unlimited power thanks to parallel operation
- Up to 6 Multi’s can operate in parallel to achieve higher power output. Six 24/5000/120 units, for example, will provide 25 kW / 30 kVA output power with 720 Amps charging capacity.
Three phase capability
- In addition to parallel connection, three units of the same model can be configured for three-phase output. But that’s not all: up to 6 sets of three units can be parallel connected for a huge 75 kW / 90 kVA inverter and more than 2000 Amps charging capacity.
Power Control – Dealing with a limited generator, shore side or grid power
- The Multi Plus is a very powerful battery charger. It will, therefore, draw a lot of current from the generator or shore side supply (nearly 10A per 5kVA Multi at 230VAC). With the Multi Control Panel, a maximum generator or shore current can be set. The Multi Plus will then take account of other AC loads and use whatever is extra for charging, thus preventing the generator or shore supply from being overloaded.
Power Assist – Boosting the capacity of shore or generator power
- This feature takes the principle of Power Control to a further dimension. It allows the Multi Plus to supplement the capacity of the alternative source. Where peak power is so often required only for a limited period, the Multi Plus will make sure that insufficient shore or generator power is immediately compensated for by power from the battery. When the load reduces, the spare power is used to recharge the battery.
Four stage adaptive charger and dual bank battery charging
- The main output provides a powerful charge to the battery system by means of advanced ‘adaptive charge’ software. The software fine-tunes the three-stage automatic process to suit the condition of the battery and adds a fourth-stage for long periods of float charging. The adaptive charge process is described in more detail on the Phoenix Charger datasheet and on our website, under Technical Information. In addition to this, the Multi Plus will charge the second battery using an independent trickle charge output intended for the main engine or generator starter battery (trickle charge output available on 12V and 24V models only).
The Venus GX
- Provides intuitive control and monitoring for all Victron power systems. The list of Victron products that can be connected is endless: Inverters, Multis, Quattros, MPPT solar chargers, BMV battery monitors, Lynx Ion with Shunt and more.
VRM Online Portal
- All readings are forwarded to our free remote monitoring website: the VRM Online Portal.
Remote Console on VRM
- The way to access the device for setting up, as well as monitoring, is via Remote Console. Either via VRM, via the built-in WiFi Access Point, or on the local LAN/WiFi network.
Automatic genset start/stop
- A highly customizable start/stop system. Use state of charge, voltage, load and other parameters. Define a special set of rules for quiet times, and optionally a monthly test run.
The heart of ESS –Energy Storage System
- The Venus GX is the Energy Manager in an ESS system.
- When connected to the internet, all data is sent to the VRM Portal. When there is no internet connection available, the Venus GX will store the data internally, up to 48 hours. By inserting a micro SD-card or USB stick, more data can be stored. These files can then be uploaded to the VRM Portal, or offline converted with the Victron Connect app, for analysis.
- All Pictures shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual product may vary due to product type and enhancements.
- Errors and omissions excepted (E&OE)
- Please enquire about Specialized Solar Systems T & C’s