De Oude Muragie 3 phase 129kWh/day Hybrid Solar System
De Oude Muragie 3 phase 129kWh/day Hybrid Solar System, supplied and installed by Specialized Solar Systems’s commercial team.
De Oude Muragie with it’s quaint Cape Dutch buildings and pergolas covered by ornamental vines, has a charming country feel in the centre of the busling suburb of Magalieskruin in Pretoria and has gone solar with Specialized Solar Systems.
This Hybrid system consists of the following components:
- 90 x 325watt solar PV panels
- 6 x mppt’s
- 3 x 10 KvA Victron inverters
- 48V bank of 24 x 1660Ah 2V lead-acid batteries
This Hybrid system comes with full monitoring capabilities.
Images of the 3 phase 129kWh/day hybrid system at De Oude Muragie
More about hybrid systems:
A hybrid solar system combines the best of both worlds: the convenience of a grid-connected system – including the ability to earn Feed-In-Tariff Credits – with the extra peace of mind of a battery backup. This means that even during a power blackout, you still have electricity.
Combining energy storage with a grid connection to your property, hybrid systems can provide the flexibility of being able to store the energy you generate during the day instead of feeding it back into the grid – typically at a low feed-in tariff. This energy can then be used in the evening instead of buying power back at a higher price.
These hybrid systems are quite sophisticated. They are fully programmable and our in-house designers can custom engineer a system which will provide a smart combination of all the energy sources available to you, giving you a strategic advantage in the reliability, cost and environmental impact of electricity usage.
Further Benefits of Hybrid Systems
Providing Uninterruptable Power
Buying a hybrid system from Specialized Solar Systems will mean that when the grid fails, your system will keep going. Our hybrid systems are able to disconnect from the network in the event of a grid interruption (when a standard solar system would shut down). You will be able to continue to run certain appliances from your batteries (and solar during sunlight hours).
Allowing you to outsmart the Utilities
A hybrid system can ‘load shift’. This means that the energy that you generate during the day is not wastefully fed back into the grid with a minimal financial return to you. The energy is stored and can be used in the evening or whenever you like.
Hybrid Systems are fully programmable
An advantage of hybrid systems is that they are able to control and balance the available sources of energy:
- If the power generated by a solar array is insufficient to supply daytime loads as well as charge your batteries, the system can recharge your batteries from the grid when a lower off-peak electricity rate is available.
- When your electricity usage goes above a certain level, electricity companies may charge you at a higher rate for this increased level of demand. Hybrid systems can provide ‘peak lopping’ where some stored power can be drawn from the batteries to help balance the power usage.
- ‘Grid support’ can also be provided by your hybrid system if your grid connection does not have the capacity to supply a load. The hybrid system could supply the extra power. And this may allow you to avoid a costly mains upgrade to your property.
The most common questions are about costs! Energy efficiency is always the first step to ensure your solar hybrid fits your electricity consumption profile and you don’t pay for capacity that you don’t need. Here is an option to get you started with about 9kWh useable storage; however there are always customizations available to suit your individual needs and goals. SSS can work with you and your budget to achieve grid independence.
Remember it’s not just about the economics. Hybrid systems empower you with energy security, self-sufficiency, and lock in your future cost of electricity, control when you use your solar power and provide an uninterrupted power supply when others have lost grid power.